Goodbye

 



As I say goodbye to the deceased,
I, also, say goodbye to, some of,
the living...
because, I realize certain behaviors
are, too, cruel
and unforgiving.
No matter their reasons 
for why or how...
None of that, really, matters now.
She is gone.
She is in a peaceful sleep.
And, all, who loved her,
need to weep.
Whatever their issues,
they could’ve put them aside.
But, instead, they were bitter...
tried to cause a divide.
It wasn’t the time, and
It wasn’t the place...
they showed no shame,
it was such a disgrace.
Already suffering loss and pain,
none of us needed anymore strain.
We’re all experiencing feelings
of guilt and regret.
Cherished moments with our loved one,
we shall never forget.
In the past, I’d let it slide...
their bitter, angry, 
and, venomous sides.
But this display 
was really rough,
they went too far,
I’ve had enough.
Grieving and mourning, 
both, come in stages.
Everyone knows,
we can’t re-write the pages.
No matter what they felt,
No matter what they thought...
It wasn’t the time or place,
we were, all, distraught.
Saying my goodbyes
will come slowly, and, take time.
For this...
I know of no reason or rhyme.
We’ve suffered a loss,
from which we, all, need to heal.
She has gone, too soon,
It will be hard to deal.
My grief has, unfortunately,
hit a pause, and,
I’m not really sure,
but, I think, that’s because...
As I say goodbye to the deceased,
I, also, say goodbye to, some of,
the living...
because, I realize certain behaviors
are, too, cruel
and unforgiving.
                  
                     Written by:  Karyn Cotillo
                                          March 25, 2021
               Photo credit to: Viktor Talashuk

Comments

Popular Posts